x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MA401 Wireless Card on a 900C - No Can DO!

mongoosetoo
mongoosetoo Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 9:32 AM
#
Sorry to bug you guys, but i can't seem to figure out how to install a MA 401 Netgear wireless card on my 900c.

I downloaded the driver from HPCFactor and performed the install. Everything seems to go well, but it just doesn't work. After the install, the 900c has a box that pops up and says "Unidentified PCCard Adapter". I thought I was supposed to type "prismcfg" in that box, but it doesn't do anything.

Furthermore, in the control panel, there is an icon named "Prism Settings", when i click on that it says "PRISMCFG Unable to connect to the wireless netcard. Is it inserted?"

I give up, I bought the card off ebay and the guy said no DOA and all that jazz. Is it me or the card that need replaced?

One more note, I researched HPCFactor prior to purchasing this card to make sure it is compatible. Looks like a lot of people are using this card successfully.

Thanks, mongoosetoo
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 10:28 AM
#
H/PC Elite

try a soft reset to see if that will work.

Welome and register so you an get the full effect of our site.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 11:19 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You should enter PRISMNDS as the driver name.
 Top of the page
mongoosetoo
mongoosetoo Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 2:49 PM
#
Thank you so much. The PRISMNDS worked like a charm.

And I will register right now, thanks, mongoosetoo.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-05 12:05 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You're welcome. Welcome to the community. This is a friendly community. Every member is willing to help.
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Using a Netgear MA401 wifi card:
I have downloaded the driver from here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
It installs fine. As soon as it installs a screen comes up and I load my WEP key (128 bit, open), and my ssid. I plug the card in and tell it to use prismnds as the driver. I leave it to use DHCP. The prism utility "sees" my router, and I hit "connect" and it associates, then connects. But it keeps giving me an IP address of 169.254.38.243. It shows no default gateway. So I tried setting up static information. I give it the IP 192.168.0.39, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and default gateway 192.168.0.2 (not a typo, my cable modem is 192.168.0.1). On the "IPv6 Information" tab, "Default Gateway" says "Not Available". I think that is my problem. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, did numerous hard resets, starting over from scratch each time, and keep getting the same results. This card works perfectly using DHCP, or Static setup in my J728, and in my laptop. Is there another driver I should be using? This is the driver from the HCL for "Windows CE .net 4.20". I use the drivers from this same page for my J728 and they work fine.

HELP................................

EDIT: I cannot ping the router with any setup outlined above. Pinging just gives: "transmit failed, error code 11010". Oh and the card is a Netgear MA401.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 12:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

what if you try: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp (or the cenet folder in http://izemize.fw.hu/prism.zip)
and of course the driver name is PRISMNDS.
(this might be the same, i don't have time to check now)

edit: and what kindof screen comes up? prism utility or zeroconfig? i always used the latter to setup the wlan. never even tried the former.
(ipv6 should be not available anyway )
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 2:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Cmonex is right. Try entering WEP keys once more when you hit 'Connect'. I had occasional cases like what you described. BTW, I prefer PRISM400.2577.cab from the driver set for CE .NET.
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 7:36 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Fixed! Thanks to you both!!! I didn't even know those boxes were there until I auto hid the taskbar. The taskbar was covering the place to enter the WEP key in the config screen.

Thank you again!!!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.269 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 15