x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MN-520 WiFi on MP900c problems!

Ryan3326
Ryan3326 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 10:31 PM
#
I recently purchased a NEC MP900c (running ce.net 4.2) and have been trying to install a Ms MD-520 WiFi card. Everytime I insert the card - card light blinks once and I am prompted to "enter the name of the driver for this PCcard". I have found several references online to islp2nds.dll - but that does nothing when I input it. Lights on card still dark and no 802.11 option in network settings.
Anyone have any advice?

my email is ryan.doughty@53.com
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 12:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you probably need this driver: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp (or the cenet folder in http://izemize.fw.hu/prism.zip)
the driver name is PRISMNDS
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 7:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yes, use the Intersil driver or the Compaq WL-100 driver, it should work with that....

Rich
 Top of the page
ryan3326 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

which of the several do I install - what do I do after downloading the zip file.
 Top of the page
ryan3326 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 12:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i downloaded both files and unzipped them. I am not sure how then to install them on my handheld. What is the process? When I move the PRISM400.2577 file to my handheld via explorer - I get an error message when I double click saying that possibly some of it's components are missing.

Also, once this is done - what should I have to do when I plug my network card in? Just type the driver name? What will happen next?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 1:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

All you should have to do is drag the cab file to your unit and tap on it and it should auto-install. If you get an error, then it is possible you got an error during the download. I just checked both zips from the links Cmonex gave you and both files downloaded fine for me. After you install the cab file, then stick in your card and when it ask for the name, enter PRISMNDS and hit return.

If you use the first zip file, then you want to drag the prism400.2577.cab file to your unit. In the second zip, use the second file.

Rich
 Top of the page
ryan3326 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

well, I hate to be a problem with my first post - but each time that I drag the files over to my HPC - and double tap, it says "cannot find 'prism400.2000' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the libraries are available."

I have downloaded and unzipped the files several times.

Do they need to be put in a certain place on the HPC - a certain folder. I am completely new to the ce.net software...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 5:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ryan, let me make sure I understand you.

1. You download the files from the above site.
2. In the first zipped file, you should have found 9 files within it.
3. You unzipped the 9 files on your desktop, and then copied the 5th one titled Prism400.2577.cab onto your Mobilepro
4. You then opened your Mobilepro, found the file where ever you copied it and tapped on it and you get an error?

If so, send me an email with your email address so I can send you the cab file I downloaded and you can try that one just to make sure that something isn't getting messed up in your download.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2007-03-13 5:37 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12