x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

internet connection on Mobilepro 780

sierraart
sierraart Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 12:39 AM
#
Help! I can connect to the internet but cannot "establish a secure connection" in order to write and send e-mail on either Juno or Yahoo. I dl'd the schannel.dll from NEC and when I try to save it in windows I get the message that the original file is write protected. I can't search to find it and change the file settings.
Also, when I dl'd a 128 bit encription patch for windows ce and tried to install that I got a message saying "not a valid Windows CE program." Any suggestions would be very appreciated!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 7:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi,
Search the board for Yahoo, there are several threads discussing accessing it.

Soft reset the device, connect to ActiveSync, upload the SCHANNEL file from there. Do not load or launch any applications, especially PIE.

The program is a host installer. Not a CE executive. See:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0046.asp
 Top of the page
sierraart
sierraart Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 12:58 PM
#
Thanks for your link to the hpc/support. I have no cables so I've been trying to copy with my cf card. I've been using the copy and paste function and have been successful with a few files but still no luck with the schannel.dll. I'm still playing with the 128 bit encription dl.
 Top of the page
sierraart
sierraart Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 3:08 PM
#
ok... I'm just feeling like a total dunce at this point. I have dl'd the 128 bit encrip. several times and copied it to several places and tried to get it to install several ways. But everytime a window immediately pops up saying it is not a valid windows ce program... ok I know that! But shouldn't the installation begin when I run the exe file? I'm getting nothing here.

I'm beginning to hate winCE although I'd love to be able to use this Mobilepro with the ease it seems everyone else has managed!
Help! Please!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 3:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You cannot run the .exe on the H/PC.

They are not CE .exe files and are designed for the x86 processor, where as the CE device will need (in your case) software for a MIPS CPU.
You have to run it on your Host PC.
 Top of the page
sierraart
sierraart Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 3:27 PM
#
so, I'm thinking that's impossible until I get the serial cable so I can use ActiveSync?
Thanks so much for replying.... I'm at my wits end... or maybe my half-wits end.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, you can avoid using activesync.
install activesync of course and then run the installer exe (for example the 128 bit one) and then go into the folder where you installed activesync. you'll find cab files. they're installers for direct install on your hpc. only one of them will work, just try them and you'll see which one.
 Top of the page
sierraart
sierraart Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 5:07 PM
#
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That did it and solved my problems!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-17 7:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Glad you got it fixed.

Also known as CESDS0049
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0049.asp
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8