x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

loading programs onto a 720

gobug
gobug Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 8:21 PM
#
This is my first non-Psion handheld and I have no idea what programs and formats I can load onto my Jornada 720 from the disks I bought. There are zip files and exe files and others. Forgive my ignorance but could you point me somewhere where I can get some information on loading software onto the Jornada 720. It seems like a great machine, I just need help with this please.

Thanks
Gobug
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-02 9:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey,

i started like you, i was a psion user for years in theory, well in practice i didn't use them for more than a year in total.. but i got my first psion in 2000 and the hpc arrived only in late 2004.
don't fret when you experience the first slowdown with your beautiful 720, when heavily multitasking lol the hpc is so much more capable/functional than a psion in the long run.
anyway, please check out the support section for information on installing programs.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 6:40 AM
#
H/PC Elder

In a nutshell, simplify. Install AS38, run a installer for a program, seach for the created cabs then copy them to another directory. Do that for all the programs you want to install. You'll have a mess of cab files when you're done. Mark them all read only, there's a reason.

Use the arm2577hpc cabs for the j720. Copy them to a flash card, insert flash card into 720 and double click to install the program.

It's fast, works and bypasses any AS issues newbies typically encounter.

Later, when you're comfortable, delete AS and clean up your desktop so it doesn't freak and try to intall 100 program at one shot, then reinstall AS for you one off installs

That worked for me. I wanted as many cabs to try as I could get without the headache of going through each install with AS.

I use AS now for my one off installs and all works fine.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 8:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9